Saturday, January 25, 2014

My first running race

So I signed up for my first race!  The Hy-Vee 5k at the Drake relays.

I was at the Iowa Bike Expo today and Hy-Vee had a deal that if you signed up for one of there road races at the show you would be entered in a drawing for a free entry to the Hy-Vee Tri.

I thought I should try out a few local races anyways.  Just to get the feel of running in a large crowd.  I signed up for the 5k. It's on April 27th.  For most races all the distances run at the same time and just split off at different points for the turn around.  Not this one.  The half starts at 7:30, 10k at 8 and the 5k at 10.  I guess it's good this way as that will allows Jen to run the 10k and be done in time so she can watch the kids while I run.

Now if it would just get nice out so I can start practicing outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment