Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cycle Mania

So today was the Cycle Mania class at the gym.  It's held once a year and is a 2 hour long spin class.  4 instructors take a 30 minute turn so you end of with a good mix of workouts.

It's a lot of fun and I try to make it every year.  They get a few local business's to chip in for treats or raffle prizes.  The prizes are given out as challenges.  My challenge was 60 seconds of high intensity, high RPM's.  I won a bottle of Whey Protein.  I'm not sure how to use it.  Looks like you mix it as a recovery drink?  If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the best use out of it let me know.

The only problem with Cycle Mania is the treats.  They have healthy treats like banana's, gatorade, Protein balls and gel shots.  But they also have the bad treats like cookies and rice crispy bars.  Usually they have scotcharoos but not this year.  Maybe I'll have Jen make some for next year.  Jen's scotcharoos are the best.  Anyway's the little computer claims I burned about 800 calories but after 4 cookies, 5 rice crispy bars, a banana, a mini gatorade and a sample protein shake I'm sure I ate more than that 800 calories.  But it was fun and my legs are like jello right now so in the end it was worth it.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment