Sunday, February 2, 2014

Training plan

So I have been actively training for about three weeks now.  Jen has been on me to come up with some kind of plan.  She is the type of person that when she develops a goal she wants some kind of structure to obtain it.  Me, not so much.

I have done a little bit of searching on the internet.  I found a pretty good site at beginner triathlete.  It has a lot of articles and training plans.  The only problem is most training plans require a subscription. They do have a basic plan available for free.  It matches pretty close to what I am currently doing however.  Right now I am trying to loose some weight.  Once it gets nice out I will probably start doing something a little more formal.

Since I am already pretty strong in biking I have pretty much cut out the spin classes.  Currently the only class I am attending is Thursdays.  The instructor that night is a racer and his classes tend to be geared towards conditioning and strength.

Right now I have been concentrating on swimming and running, switching up every other day.  I'm also doing some weights.  I'm swimming about a mile and 5k running.  My next step is to start combining swim and run.  Last Monday I swam a mile and than ran a 5k. I was pretty surprised that I was able to do both still keep my average times.  Since I had extra time yesterday I decided to run a 10k. Again I was able to hold my 10 minute mile average.  I was pretty surprised with myself.  I was a little sore for the rest of the day though.  I was smart and took some aspirin before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment